AVAILABLE AFT RESOURCES
ALL PDFs ARE FREE FOR DOWNLOAD
- Assigning Effective Homework
- Quality Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Appropriate Uses of Modern Technology
- Building Parent-Teacher Partnerships
- Behavior Management Techniques for Safe Schools
- Working with Cooperative Small Groups
SHARE MY LESSON
- Share My Lesson: By Teachers, For Teachers
- Supporting New Teachers w/ Share My Lesson
- Early Childhood Educators and Share My Lesson
- Paraprofessionals and School Support Personnel
- The Common Core State Standards and Share My Lesson
- How Parents can use SHARE MY LESSON
Patience—counseled by former Vice President Joe Biden all election week as Americans waited for votes to be counted—finally paid off Nov. 7, four days after Election Day, when Biden won in Pennsylvania and gained enough Electoral College votes to acquire a new title: president-elect. AFT President Randi Weingarten says the union’s leaders and members “can’t wait to get started” on the work ahead “with an administration that will embrace and fight for the values we hold dear.”
AFT President Randi Weingarten’s latest column outlines the urgency of using our voices—our votes—in this life-changing election, when we will make a choice “between President Donald Trump, who has trafficked in chaos, fear, lies and division, and former Vice President Joe Biden, who seeks to reverse Trump’s failures on COVID-19 and the economy, and to unite and uplift the American people.” Besides the four crises we face—a pandemic, an economic crisis, racism and a climate emergency—democracy itself is on the ballot, as Trump continues to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the election.
In her September New York Times column, AFT President Randi Weingarten says that going back to school has never looked like it does now. Weingarten explains that because of President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus, which has been chaotic, contradictory and inept, and the lack of federal guidance and funding, we’re seeing a patchwork of school reopening plans across the country.
The results from our first survey of teachers in Mississippi.
Vision Plan offered by AFT