FILL OUT APPLICATION AND RETURN FOR ENROLLMENTMore
AVAILABLE AFT RESOURCES
ALL PDFs ARE FREE FOR DOWNLOAD
- Assigning Effective Homework
- Quality Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Appropriate Uses of Modern Technology
- Building Parent-Teacher Partnerships
- Behavior Management Techniques for Safe Schools
- Working with Cooperative Small Groups
SHARE MY LESSON
- Share My Lesson: By Teachers, For Teachers
- Supporting New Teachers w/ Share My Lesson
- Early Childhood Educators and Share My Lesson
- Paraprofessionals and School Support Personnel
- The Common Core State Standards and Share My Lesson
- How Parents can use SHARE MY LESSON
In her most recent column appearing in the New York Times, which came out the day before the nation celebrated the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr., AFT President Randi Weingarten talks about the damage being done to our country by increasingly partisan rancor and bitter disagreements.
The signing of the Every Student Succeeds Act marks a new day in public education, says AFT President Randi Weingarten, who stood behind President Obama (along with other AFT leaders and members) at the White House as he signed the law.
Adjunct faculty at Temple University have voted overwhelmingly to join the AFT's' faculty affiliate at the school, the Temple Association of University Professionals. This was a hard-won victory for adjunct educators, as Temple's administration ran an aggressive anti-union campaign.
The AFT along with the American Association of University Professors, filed an amicus curiae brief in the Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association case before the U.S. Supreme Court. The case threatens to make it harder for working people to join together and speak out together.
The Illinois Educational Labor Board has ruled that an adjunct professor at Moraine Valley Community College was improperly fired for saying that her college treats adjuncts like "disposable resources," because the board says her comments were protected union activity.